Last updated: May 25th, 2017
2. COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, age and address and the names, ages and addresses of those booking any services through the website.
- Contact information such as email address, or telephone number.
- Credit card details for payment purposes.
- Information relating to your preferences and interests.
- Other information, at your discretion, relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Our own internal record keeping.
- We will need to pass on information you have given us to our Accommodation Providers in order that they can provide the products and services you wish to book.
- We may use your information for the purposes of providing you with our services and customer care. Our Accommodation providers may use your details for credit checking and debt collection.
- We may need to disclose your information to public authorities, if requested by them or required by law.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have agreed to receive this information.
4. WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
- The accommodation provider: We need to share the details in order to reserve your product. These include name, contact details, payment information, names of additional guests and any other preferences.
- Third-party service providers: Some service providers process data on our behalf, for marketing related campaigns or validating contact information. The third party services we use adhere to the same rules that we do, to keep your details confidential.
- Payment providers: These providers process your billing and transaction information.
- Marketing partners: We share data in order to show our customers more relevant advertising. We also carry out behavioral advertising which uses anonymous data to drive better relevance.
- Referring websites: if you visited this website from another site from a link or another way, we may share information about you with that referring website. The website that you were referred from should have it’s own privacy policies, to find out more about their procedures.
- Social Media: If you use any of the social media features of Traveliko, either on our website, app or through a social media provider, we may provide information to and be provided information from that provider. An example of this is the ability to sign up and log-in using the “Facebook Connect” feature. The type of information provided to us is your basic profile data such as name, email address etc. We may also have access to location data, to enable customization of your content. Location data may also be shared with your friends on social media.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your credit card details are not stored on our system. The the credit card information will be given to Accommodation Providers using the latest forms of encryption and with limited access so that your credit card information stays safe.
- Personal data breaches will be reported within 72 hours of our knowledge to the local authorities.
- We will report what data has been lost, what the consequences are and what counter measures are/will be taken.
- Unless the data leaked was encrypted, we will report the breach to the user (data subject).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or making bookings.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may transfer your information to the purchaser of the assets or shares of our company. We may also use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which may be of interest to you if you tick the opt-in box.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by emailing us at [email protected]. The reliability of the collection of information relies on data input by the user either on the Traveliko website or application directly, or through Facebook and other login applications. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a Subject Access Request)
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request)
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing
Users have access to their user information and are able to update them when necessary through our Login area. If necessary, you have the right to make a complaint with the Data Protection regulator.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
When you submit personal data via Traveliko, you may be given options to restrict the use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on the use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails, at the point of providing your details and in your account area.
11. YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Traveliko you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR DATA?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
13. CONTACTING US
Traveliko controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps. Traveliko is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of Singapore and has its offices at 8 Wilkie Road, #03-01 Wilkie Edge, Singapore 228095. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to [email protected]. Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you. Our Data Protection Officer is Martijn Dekker at [email protected].